Advanced Player Settings
CyberLink PowerDVD also has Advanced Player settings on the Player tab. Click the Advanced button to access the additional settings. Select one of the following tabs:
On this tab you can configure the OSD (On Screen Display) text in CyberLink PowerDVD. The OSD informs you when a function is in use and the current status of the program in text form over the video content.
Select Enable to display the OSD during playback and then enter its display duration in the field provided.
Select a preferred location where the OSD displays during playback.
Click Set Font to set the preferred font type and size used in the OSD.
Click on the color boxes directly to change the Text or the Background color for the OSD. Select Transparent to make the OSD background transparent.
On the Capture tab you can configure the settings for capturing frames of your favorite videos or movies. See “Capturing Frames From Your Favorite Scenes” on page 30 for more information.
Default capture mode
- Capture to clipboard: select this option to capture the image to your clipboard, which you can then manually paste to another location or program.
- Capture as wallpaper (center): select this option to set the captured image as the centered background wallpaper on your computer’s desktop.
- Capture as wallpaper (tile): select this option to set the captured image as the tiled background wallpaper on your computer’s desktop.
- Capture as file: select this option to capture the image as a file in the specified format to the Snapshot folder on your computer. Select the file format you want to capture the file in from the drop-down. You may also set the capture destination folder here by clicking Browse and selecting the location.
Capture aspect ratio
- Original video source size: select this option to capture the image at the size of the original video, e.g. 720X480 or 720X576 for most DVD titles.
- Current video window size: select this option to capture the image at the same size of the current video image in CyberLink PowerDVD.
- Custom size: select this option to specify the size of the captured frame by entering the dimensions in the fields provided.
On the Keyboard/Mouse tab you can configure the properties of your mouse scroll wheel button and keyboard when used in CyberLink PowerDVD.
Mouse scrolling setting
Use this option to select the function performed when you use the mouse scroll wheel button in CyberLink PowerDVD.
Use this option to set the time seek interval when you press the Page Up (rewind) or Page Down (forward) key on your keyboard. The time in seconds that you enter is the amount CyberLink PowerDVD jumps for
ward or backward in the video content you are watching.
The Default Settings tab lets you set the default language for your disc content (when available).
- Select the Customize option to select a desired default language for a disc’s menu, subtitles and audio.
- Select The same as UI language for CyberLink PowerDVD to automatically display a disc’s menu, subtitles and audio in the same language as your operating system.
Note: the language you select is only used if available on the inserted disc title.
The File Association tab lets you set the file formats that CyberLink PowerDVD is the default player for.
The check boxes are defined as follows:
- means CyberLink PowerDVD is not the default player for this type of file.
- means for these file extensions, CyberLink PowerDVD is the default player for some, but not all of them.
- means CyberLink PowerDVD is the default player for all the file extensions in this type.
Note: you can only associate all extensions in a category or disable the category.
When any of the selected file formats in the file association list are double-clicked on your computer, CyberLink PowerDVD launches automatically and plays it back.
- Play automatically upon inserting disc: select this option to have CyberLink PowerDVD automatically launch when a disc is inserted into the disc drive.
- Play IFO files: select this option to set CyberLink PowerDVD as the default player for IFO files.
Advanced Player Settings