3D Playback Warning: if you experience headaches, dizziness, nausea, blurry eyesight or other symptoms while watching 3D video content, it is highly recommended that you stop playback immediately and see your doctor.
The first time you launch the CyberLink PowerDVD program, you are asked if you want to set up your 3D display device. Click the Yes button to set it up and then select the Display Device tab. Select Auto detect 3D display to have CyberLink PowerDVD choose your display device for you, or you can manually select it from the drop-down menu if you select the second radio button.
If you did not set up your 3D display device at first launch, you can do so at any time in the 3D Display Configuration window. See 3D Display Configuration for more information.
When you insert a 3D Blu-ray Disc or DVD, or play a 3D video file, CyberLink PowerDVD plays it back automatically in 3D if 3D mode is enabled. CyberLink PowerDVD also automatically converts all 2D DVDs and video files to 3D using TrueTheater 3D once 3D mode is enabled.
If you need to adjust your 3D display configuration or the playback settings, click next to the button on the playback controls. See 3D Display Configuration for details on all the available configuration options.
- 3D scene depth: if required, use the slider to adjust the amount of depth in the video image, until the resulting 3D image is optimized for your specific setup.
- Swapping left/right eye views: during the playback of 3D content, if you begin to feel uncomfortable or uneasy, it may be because the layout of the 3D video is displayed differently than most standard content. If this occurs, try selecting the opposite eye view. This switches the way the 3D content is displayed on your display device, and may reduce the discomfort.
- Auto detect format: select this option to have CyberLink PowerDVD automatically detect the video format of the 3D content for you. When selected, CyberLink PowerDVD automatically plays 3D
DVDs and video files in 3D when 3D mode is enabled. If CyberLink PowerDVD detects that you are playing a 2D DVD or video file, it uses TrueTheater 3D to convert the 2D video to 3D.
- Side by side format: select this option if the 3D content has two different video images side by side. CyberLink PowerDVD merges the two images to produce the 3D effect.
- Over/under format: select this option if the 3D content has two different video images. one on top of the other. CyberLink PowerDVD merges the two images to produce the 3D effect.
- 2D format: select this option if the content is in regular 2D mode and you want to use CyberLink TrueTheater to convert to 3D.
- Auto detect 3D display: select this option to have CyberLink PowerDVD automatically detect your device for you. If you do not have a 3D display, CyberLink PowerDVD plays 3D content in Anaglyph Red/Cyan mode and then watch content in 3D with anaglyphic (red/cyan) 3D glasses.
- If you want to manually select your 3D display device, select the other radio button and then select it from the drop-down menu. If you do not have a 3D display device, can select Anaglyph Red/Cyan and then use anaglyphic (red/cyan) 3D glasses to watch 3D content.