Note: the features that are displayed and available in the Express Menu is completely dependent on the type of media you are currently playing and the features that are available for the specific media (disc title, video file, etc.).
Use the Go To option to quickly select a chapter or navigate among available titles, when available. The check mark signifies the current playback title, while the arrows to the right of the title signify further selections in the form of chapters. You can also use the Browser or the Chapter Viewer windows for easier access to chapters.
TrueTheater Stretch feature is only available in full screen mode and is for DVD titles with a widescreen aspect ratio (i.e. optimal with 16:9 on a 4:3 monitor). It employs CyberLink’s unique Pano Vision video technology to stretch the movie to fit the monitor size.
- Smart Stretch: crops and stretches the sides of the picture slightly, while keeping the center as is.
- Fit to Screen: keeps the center of the picture as is, while stretching the sides slightly.
- Smart for 2.35:1: select this option for disc titles that have an aspect ratio of 2.35:1. This setting is specifically designed to maximize the display space of widescreen (16:9 or 16:10) display devices when viewing discs with this aspect ratio.
- Custom Stretch: enables a custom created aspect ratio configured on the Aspect Ratio tab. See Aspect Ratio for more information on creating a custom aspect ratio.
Pan & Scan displays the central portion of disc content and allows you to drag the display area to view all portions of the video. This feature is only available in full screen mode and is for disc titles with the 2.35:1 or 1.85:1 aspect ratios (i.e. optimal for widescreen content on a 4:3 monitor). Check the aspect ratio of your specific disc title for optimal results when using this feature.
Pan & Scan enables you to view content without the black bars, but at the expense of being unable to view the entire screen area at once. The default Pan & Scan position is centered, but you can move the video screen simply by clicking on it and dragging the screen left or right.
- Right click for the Express Menu and select Aspect Ratio > Digital Zoom > 4X or 9X.
- Click and drag the screen to the area where you want to zoom in. The upper left corner of your screen will display the zoomed in area in relation (green border) to normal screen mode (white border).
- To return to the full screen mode, return to the Express Menu (right-click) and choose Aspect Ratio > Keep Aspect Ratio, or any of the other aspect ratio viewing controls.
The Karaoke option is available when playing back karaoke discs. See Playing a Karaoke Disc for more information.
Closed Captioning, if supported by your disc title, is made available by national organizations and is tailored towards the hearing impaired. The captions are found in video content and in the form of text located somewhere on the picture. Closed captions, as opposed to open captions, are hidden in the video signals and need a special decoder.
When you enable Show Information, the OSD (on screen display) displays the variable video bitrate, audio types such as Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital 2.0 or DTS 5.1, and their audio bit rates. It also displays the playback time elapsed and remaining, plus the chapter and title information.
When PiP Video is enabled, there may be additional subtitles available in Primary Subtitles for the picture in picture video (indicated by (from PiP) next to it). When you select PiP subtitles, they are displayed on the main video.
Use the Select Menu option to quickly jump to one of the available disc menus. See Accessing Disc Menus in PowerDVD for more information.
Select Resume to return to the last scene you were previously watching. This function is best if you stopped playback to go to the disc menu, and then you want to quickly return to the scene you were just watching.
Provides quick access to the Settings window. Refer to Settings for more information.