- Auto adjustment: select this option to apply all TrueTheater effects automatically when playing DVDs and videos. CyberLink PowerDVD dynamically adjusts (turns on or off) TrueTheater HD and Motion according to the CPU usage and mobile power settings (notebook/laptop users only).
- TrueTheater HD: select this option to up scale the original video to a higher resolution version, which is sharper and artifact-free. TrueTheater HD is capable of boosting 480p video to 1080p. Use the slider to adjust the sharpness to the best output that suits your configuration.
- TrueTheater Lighting (CyberLink Eagle Vision 2): is a video enhancement technology developed by CyberLink that detects video content and dynamically adjusts the brightness/contrast/saturation ratios so that you do not need to change the color settings if the video you are watching contains scenes that are overly dark or too bright. Use the level slider to adjust the TrueTheater Lighting effect the desired amount.
- TrueTheater Motion: select this option to enable frame rate upsampling, from 24 fps up to 60 fps, to make panning scenes, particularly in action movies, play more smoothly. The Smoother option doubles the frame rate of the original movie content, while Smoothest can improve the frame rate of video content to 60 frames/s or 72 frames/s, depending on the output frame rate of your display.
- TrueTheater Noise Reduction: select this option to reduce the amount of video noise when playing home video files in CyberLink PowerDVD, including High-ISO and TV signal noise. Once enabled, drag the slider to increase or decrease the level of noise reduction on the video.
- : select to view the applied TrueTheater effects on the entire video in normal mode.
- : select to compare the applied TrueTheater effects in split mode, with the left half of the video played back with the original video, while the right half has the video enhancements applied.
- : select to preview the applied TrueTheater effects on the entire video using compare mode, with the left side containing the original video, while the right side contains the same video with the video enhancements applied.
During the playback of all disc types, videos, and music, you can apply TrueTheater audio eff
ects to enhance the overall quality of the audio. To display the TrueTheater audio effects, click on and then click on the Audio tab.
- Select the Speaker environment from the drop-down that matches your current configuration. For a detailed description of each option, see the Speaker environment section in Audio Settings.
- Select the TrueTheater Surround option to use the TrueTheater Surround audio effect as the Output mode or special processing that is used on the audio signal.
- Based on the speaker environment you selected, the advanced audio options that are available will vary. For a detailed description on how to configure the advanced audio options go to Advanced Audio Settings and refer to the related section. For example, if your speaker environment is Headphone, see the TrueTheater Surround (Headphone Mode) section.