Click on the Video tab when CyberLink PowerDVD is open to play video files or a DVD folder that is located on your hard drive. You can play back videos in one of the following ways:
- drag and drop a video file directly onto the CyberLink PowerDVD user interface.
- to play a video file on your hard drive, click the Video tab, select Computer in the Source pane, and then browse to the folder that contains your video file or DVD folder. Double-click on a video file to begin playback. To play a DVD folder, select it and then click the play button.
- to play a video file that is on a network (UPnP), click the Video tab, select Network in the Source pane, and then navigate to the location on the network that contains your video file or DVD folder. Double-click on a video file to begin playback. To play a DVD folder, select it and then click the play button.
- right click on a video file and select Open With. Select CyberLink PowerDVD from the available list of programs.
Creating Video Playlists
On the Video tab of CyberLink PowerDVD you can create a playlist of your videos, so that they play back one after the other.
To create a playlist, do this:
- Click on the Video tab.
- In the Playlists pane, click on to create a new playlist. Double-click on the playlist to give it a custom name, if required.
- Browse to the folders that contain the video files you want in the playlist.
- To add a video file to the playlist, select it, click the Add to Playlist button and then select the playlist you just created from the pop-up list. You can also drag and drop the video files on to the playlist name in the Playlists pane.
- To begin playing the videos in your created playlist, select it in the Playlists pane and then click the play button. CyberLink PowerDVD will play all the files in the playlist.
Uploading Videos to YouTube
You can upload non-copyrighted video directly to YouTube* from within the Video tab of CyberLink PowerDVD.
Note: * this feature is not available in some versions of CyberLink PowerDVD.
To upload a non-copyrighted video to YouTube*, do this:
Note: you can only upload one video at a time.
- Click on the Video tab.
- Select the video you want to upload to YouTube and then click . The Upload Videos to YouTube wizard opens, displaying the sign in window.
- To sign in to YouTube do one of the following:
- if you already have a YouTube account, enter in your username and password and then select the Next button to sign in and authorize CyberLink PowerDVD to upload video to your account.
- if do not have a YouTube account, select the Sign up to YouTube button to create a new account and then authorize CyberLink PowerDVD to upload video to your created account.
- The describe your video window displays. Enter the details about your video as follows:
- Title: enter the title of your video.
- Description: enter in a short description of your video.
- Tags: enter in several tags, separated by a comma, that describe your video. Tags are keywords that people can search for on YouTube.
Note: you must enter a title, description and at least one tag before you can upload your video.
- Video category: select the relevant video category type from the available list.
- Broadcast: select whether to share your video with the world or mark it as private.
- Click the Next button to proceed. The copyright disclaimer window is displayed.
- Read and confirm the copyright information by selecting the corresponding check box and then click the Next to begin uploading your video to YouTube. Select the Done button once your video is uploaded.